The first time I hit VTEC. The first time I went over 150 mph. The first hardcore show I ever went to. The first time I ever ate spaghetti. All very thrilling moments in my life. There’s one more that tops them all though.
It was June 27th at 12:37-ish AM at Dulles International airport. I was carrying a huge backpack on my back, a garment bag with my uniforms in my left hand and my boots in my right hand.
I was walking through the deserted airport looking around for someone. I looked ahead and saw her standing there. She was probably 50 meters away. I started walking very quickly towards her and she started walking towards me. Once we were 10 feet away she started running and we came together in a huge hug.
She smelled so good and her hair was so soft. For all intents and purposes we hadn’t seen each other in almost 7 months. She was crying and I turned my head and kissed her. I could feel her tears on my cheek. I dropped my bags and picked her up. I held her for the next few minutes. All together we stood there for close to 5 minutes without saying a single word.
We spent the next two weeks basically being no more than an arms length away from each other. Summer 2010 lasted two weeks for me. It was one of the best summers of my life.
This is going to be a long, angry, close-minded, hard dick, steak eating god damn post. Get ready
I am at Field Medical Training Battalion - West, Camp Pendleton, California.
I won’t say his name on here, I don’t know why, I just won’t. He’s one of my good friends here. He just came from Okinawa, Japan and is going to 1st MarDiv. This isn’t about him though.
Yesterday afternoon he found out one of his best friends from Okinawa was killed in Afganistan. His friend had been in-country for less than a month. He was 20 years old. That’s still not what this post is about.
We will call this friend HM3. HM3 came through FMTB-West four months ago. He had been an 8404 corpsman for 5 months before he was killed. I’m also 20 years old and I will be an 8404 corpsman in less than a month. Once again, not what this post is about.
HM3 was traveling in a convoy. He was in the second Humvee. The first vehicle triggered an IED which destroyed the vehicle. HM3 got out of his Humvee without his helmet or flak and ran to save the lives of his marines. A second blast from another IED killed him. He had both of his legs blown off and the entire left side of his torso was gone.
No one will ever hear about him aside from his friends and family. Even if he did make the news would you care? No, you wouldn’t. All you’re worried about is if Starbucks will be open when you get out of class.
We’re still dying every god damn day and 99.9 percent of Americans don’t give a shit. You all just think if it’s not on fucking CNN it’s not happening. Well don’t worry, while you’re asleep in your nice warm beds we’re still sleeping in the desert defending your freedom to not give a fuck.
I know HM3s name but I’m not going to say it. You don’t deserve to know his name. You don’t deserve to know anything more than the fact that a 20 year old kid was blown apart for you. You’d forget his name in 10 minutes anyway.
I hope this isn’t a shock to you. We’re still dying everyday and no one has any idea it’s happening. If you did know would you care? Probably not because it’s not affecting you directly. It would be like watching a movie. You’d be interested for 2 hours but then you’d go back to enjoying your cushy life.
I say “we” as in grunts and grunt docs. Not “we the military” because half of the fat ass POG mother fuckers have never left their desks.
Yeah, I’m fuckin tired of talking about this shit. So go back to smoking your fucking weed and watching god damn cartoons, don’t worry, I’ll defend you even though you don’t deserve it.
Remember the first guy I talked about? Go ahead, scroll back up and look. I knew you wouldn’t remember him.
1. I am engaged to the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met. She is seriously everything I could ever want and a lot more. I called her ‘sunshine’ almost a full month and a half before we were officially together and I have been ever since. :) She puts up with me being away all the time and I never question whether or not she’s mine. :) I love you sunshine.
2. I’m in the Navy. It’s been pretty tough since I hate getting yelled at. I’ve gotten used to it though, getting yelled at all day everyday for almost 9 months now will do that. It’s cool. I’ve gotten to see a few places I don’t really care about (Chicago and San Diego). I get paid to kill people and save Marines. Sounds like a good job to me.
3. This is an easy one. I can take apart almost any Honda made between 1988 and 2001 and tell you what each part does. Don’t believe me? Give it a try.
4. Im a Corpsman. A long haired, pissed off, Marine hating Sailor with certain medical skills who would run through the gates of hell to drag a dying Marine back to the light and give him hope.
5. The sound of people chewing is the easiest way to make me entirely too angry. I can’t even think of a funny or clever way to describe how much it angers me. I have no idea why it does. I could be laughing and joking and loving life for once but if I hear one mother fucker chewing some obnoxious shit all I want to do it destroy that person limb by limb. It pisses me off.
6. I take care of my 1993 Aztec Green Pearl Acura Integra GS-R #256 of 1200 like it we’re a child. I love that car.
7. I hate flying but at the same time I love it. I can’t really elaborate on that because I dont even understand it.
8. The most fun I can have with my clothes on is driving. Nothing makes me happier than to be behind the wheel. Not necessarily going fast. Just driving. I love it. :)
9. Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
10. I can relate anything in life back to one of three video games. Halo, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Call of Duty 4. I’m not joking. This is srs bidness.
I won’t be able to post for weeks at a time in the coming month because of Field Med, but I will do half a week before I leave and the other half when I come back. That should work.
While I’m talking about Field Med… Wanna hear about how shitty it is? I’m telling anyway.
Actually I’ll start by talking about a certain Corpral that I have a problem with.
He specifically said “I don’t like that you all (navy corpsman) wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor because you didn’t go through three months of hell to earn it.”
Actually, Corpral, I went through Navy bootcamp (8 weeks), Navy Hospital Corps school (14 weeks) and am in the process of completing Field Medical Training Battalion (8 week). If you use your tiny little Marine brain and add that up you’ll realize that by the time I’m done with this I’ll have gone through 10 months of hell to wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor, three times longer bro.
So let’s see here, 3 months of misery for you to earn a uniform and 10 months for me to earn the right to wearthe same uniform. When you really stand back and look at it, who really wanted it more?
Hmm well my name is Stephen. Im not really sure what to say… I could have come up with more creative names, such as Komodo Dragon, Darkwing Duck and Ulrich Fire-Lord. Just some suggestions.
I guess I’ll tell the whole story now. My mom suggested the name Matthew but my dad in his infinite wisdom said “if we name him Matt people will step on him like a door mat.” Awesome, dad. After that my mom threw out a few more names, none of which I can remember but they probably weren’t as good as Darkwing Duck anyway.
If I had been a girl I would have been named Jessica Marie or Jessica something. I can’t remember exactly. Again, not as good as something I could have come up with.
They finally settled on Stephen Joseph. Good choice, mom and dad. Joseph came from my grandpa on my dads side’s first name and I have no idea where Stephen came from. I don’t know the secret meanings behind baby names so I can’t really elaborate on the awesome warrior tradition behind my name. I’m sure there is though.
So, thanks mom and dad for putting the Pee in the Vagee and creating me. Sorry I joined the Navy and left everything at your houses. But hey, you can rest soundly knowing there’s one more mo-tarded kid out there festering on anti-Americanism everywhere he goes. Love you.
Day 01 – About your name
Day 02 – Ten interesting facts about yourself
Day 03 – A bad picture of yourself
Day 04 – Screenshot of your tumblr crushes
Day 05 – A moment of thrill
Day 06 – Item you have owned the longest
Day 07 – About your pet
Day 08 – Favorite outfit
Day 09 – Worst public incident
Day 10 – A guilty pleasure
Day 11 – What’s in your bag
Day 12 – Fifteen interesting facts about another person
Day 13 – To the last person you kissed
Day 14 – A picture of your room
Day 15 – Excerpt from a recent conversation
Day 16 – About the shows that you follow
Day 17 – Your take on drugs and alcohol
Day 18 – To the last person you saw cry
Day 19 – A movie review
Day 20 – An embarrassing moment
Day 21 – Favorite smells
Day 22 – Your baby picture
Day 23 – Another terrible public incident
Day 24 – To the strongest person you know
Day 25 – A picture of yourself from a year ago
Day 26 – Something you need
Day 27 – A song attached with memories
Day 28 – Clip from your favorite movie
Day 29 – A good picture of yourself
Day 30 – Have someone write something about you